St. John Providence Health System School of Medical Technology
A Message from Program Officials
Welcome to the St. John Providence Health System School of Medical Technology. Our site provides information about medical technology/medical laboratory science education and careers. You are invited to investigate and explore. We’re excited about the excellent educational environment at the diverse facilities housing St. John Providence Health System Laboratories and our program. Graduates excel on national certification examinations. They continue on to stellar careers in hospital-based and private laboratories, public health departments, academic or clinical research, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, in addition to pursuing graduate, medical, dental and veterinary degrees. The career opportunities are diverse and numerous. The employment outlook for medical technology/medical laboratory science professionals is very bright locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.
If you are searching for a clinical program for your internship, you’ve come to the right school. There are important considerations when evaluating a clinical program. Often these are similar to the reasons one has for selecting a place of employment or deciding to remain employed. We are proud to say that many graduates continue on as employees within our Health System. Several incentives for considering our School of Medical Technology as your clinical program are outlined below.
Many Advantages, One Team
From the bedside to the laboratory, St. John Providence Health System is creating a brand new standard of care. For students seeking the very best in educational resources and support, there’s never been a better time to join us. Consider the many advantages we can offer your career:
- Values-based, education-centered Health System environment
- Exceptional and diverse faculty from pathologists, Ph.D.’s, laboratory directors and managers to certified medical laboratory specialists and medical laboratory scientists
- Outstanding success rate on national certification examinations
- Distinctive clinical rotations, i.e. molecular diagnostics and virology
- Health System laboratory department with laboratories located at multiple hospitals and ambulatory care centers throughout the metropolitan area
- Generous stipend
- Part-time employment opportunities during your educational program
- Recognition of clinical internship for employment benefits
- Team-based, people-centered environment in which your needs and ideas are heard and your goals are met
To learn more about our program please visit the links on the right side of this page, investigate the opportunities and see if you are a match. For more information about our organization, click on About St. John Providence Health. We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in the near future.