PH GME Family Medicine Residency Program Details
Our mission is to create an excellent educational experience in a nurturing environment while providing quality comprehensive care for all of our patients. Highlights of the program include inpatient and outpatient patient-centered care, family centered maternity care, sports medicine, care of the poor, care of the elderly, international medicine.
We invite you to join our family at Providence where family values are still of the utmost importance.
The following features are included in the Family Medicine Residency Program:
- 47,000+ outpatient visits per year - double the number of patients at most other family medicine programs in Michigan
- Two family medicine centers - a suburban practice model in Southfield and a rural practice model in South Lyon
- Emphasis on the personal medical home, prevention and chronic disease management
- Excellent facilities
- Curriculum content structured with flexibility
- Opportunities include inpatient and outpatient patient-centered care, family centered maternity care, sports medicine, office procedures, care of the poor, care of the elderly, international medicine, community service
- 100% pass rate on ABFM certification exam and AOBFP certification exam.
- Strong academic program affiliated with Wayne State University of Medicine and Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Excellent practice opportunities available locally and nationally
- Strong presence of family medicine within hospital system
- Collegial atmosphere for medical education
- Dual accreditation by ACGME and AOA; consistent 5-year ACGME accreditation
- 27 resident positions total with over 16 core facility members; high faculty/resident teaching ratio in office and hospital
- Emphasis on teaching relationship expertise, life-long learning, evidence-based practice, and leadership
- AOA accredited Sports Medicine Fellowship
Providence Hospital sponsors 17 residency and fellowship programs with more than 146 total house staff. The Hospital has participated in graduate medical education since 1903.
Program Accreditation& Certification
Saroj Misra, DO