Services provided by the St. John Hematology Oncology Clinic
An appointment with the St. John Hematology Oncology Clinic is appropriate for the following types of adult patients:
- Newly diagnosed patients with any of the diseases handled by the clinic (see mission)
- Patients with suspected diagnosis of malignant disorders
- Patients with established diagnosis of any of the malignant disorder who wish to have a second opinion regarding the management of their disease
- Patients with relapsed (recurrent) malignancy requiring alternative treatment planning
- Patients with abnormality in their blood counts including white blood cells including white blood cell (WBC), red blood cell (RBC) or platelet disorders or coagulation disorders
At the direction of the patient, the St. John Hematology Oncology Clinic is willing to assume primary responsibility for the treatment of their illness or to work with the patients’ own oncologist in a consultative role. As part of the Van Elslander Cancer Center, we provide all outpatient services like chemotherapy infusion, radiation therapy, and laboratory services in addition to life enhancement and nutritional counseling services on an outpatient basis. Patients who need inpatient services will be admitted to the Oncology Unit of St. John Hospital (6th floor) and will be cared for directly by the St. John Hematology Oncology Clinic staff.
Download the St. John Hematology Oncology Notice of Privacy Practices.