Omar M Qahwash, DO
- Primary: Neurological Surgery
- Providence Park Hospital
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- Providence Hospital
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Providence Hospital, University of Illinois Medical Center
- AOA Board of Surgery - Neurological Surgery
Dr. Qahwash specializes in Vascular Neurosurgery including hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. He is one of few sub-specialized surgeons in the state of Michigan with dual fellowship training in Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery.
Dr. Qahwash has studied with world-renowned experts in the field of flow-assisted aneurysm and cerebral bypass surgery, and has extensive experience caring for patients with acute cerebral ischemia. Dr. Qahwash's specialties include: endovascular and open surgery for cerebral aneurysms and vascular malformations of the brain and spine; carotid endarterectomy and stenting; intracrainal angioplasty and stenting; emergency treatment of ischemic stroke; and Cerebral bypass for moyamoya disease and other occlusive ateriopathies.