Allen Stawis, MD
- Primary: Hematology & Medical Oncology
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- ABMS Board of Internal Medicine, ABMS Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology, ABMS Board of Internal Medicine - Hematology
Dr. Stawis is a medical oncologist with a special interest in breast cancer. Dr. Stawis is the Chief of Medical Oncology at St. John Macomb and has been the medical director of the Webber Cancer Center at St. John Macomb since 2002. Dr. Stawis is a native of Michigan who started his undergraduate education at Michigan State University. He stayed at MSU to complete his medical degree. He then completed his residency at Hurley Medical Center in Flint. After his residency, he went on to complete a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Stawis has been in private practice since 1978. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology. Dr. Stawis has a special interest in oncology research and clinical trials. He has been the Principal Investigator for Clinical Trials at St. John Macomb since 2001. Dr. Stawis is also the Medical Director of Hospice at St. John Macomb.
Dr. Stawis is also very involved in medical education. He has been an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at Michigan State University since 1979. He holds numerous memberships with national and local societies.