Careers in Laboratory Services
"It gives me a real sense of satisfaction to know that what we do each and everyday makes a difference in the care and treatment of our patients. I couldn't ask to be part of a better team than we have here at SJPHS." - Michelle Liebold
We appreciate your interest in building a career at St. John Providence Health System Laboratories (SJPHSL). We provide clinical and anatomic laboratory services for our numerous hospitals and medical facilities in southeast Michigan. Our broad spectrum of services include: chemistry, clinical microscopy, clinical pathology, cytopathology, electron microscopy, endocrinology, FNA biopsy, hematology, immunology, microbiology, molecular pathology, oral pathology, serology, surgical pathology, drugs of abuse testing, transfusion medicine, and virology. A sophisticated information network supports our laboratory services.
St. John Providence Health System Laboratories operates on a core laboratory concept. High volume advanced technological test methods are performed each day in the SJPHSL Core Laboratory located at our Detroit/Grosse Pointe Woods campus. The core laboratory services both inpatient and outpatient customers from across southeast Michigan. Our numerous affiliated hospital and medical center laboratories located throughout the metropolitan Detroit area provide critical laboratory services required to support patient care activities at their respective locations. For a list of our hospitals and outpatient medical centers, click here.
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, a national faith-based health ministry sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Nazareth, the Daughters of Charity and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Ascension Health is the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health Ministry in the United States, with acute care facilities in 20 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about Ascension Health, click here.
Why work at St. John Providence Health System Laboratories?
- We enjoy a values driven, team based environment.
- We are committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic and coordinated care to the communities we serve.
- We offer opportunities for professional growth and development such as
- Continuing education Programs
- Leadership development programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student teaching and mentoring opportunities.
- We use state of the art equipment and procedures such as laboratory automation and robotics, electronic medical records, a sophisticated laboratory information system which includes auto-verification of electronic laboratory results.
- St. John Providence Health System serves a diverse network of communities within southeast Michigan. To learn more about where we work and live, click here.
Want to learn more about a laboratory career at St. John Providence Health System Laboratories?
- Check out the related links on this page to learn more about a career in laboratory services.
Where can I find education programs to prepare me for a career in the laboratory?
Hospital Based - Medical Laboratory Science Internship Programs (for individuals who have completed required university coursework in Medical Laboratory Science).
- St. John Providence Health System Laboratories School of Medical Technology
- For other hospital based internship programs, visit the Medical Technology Internship Matching Program of Michigan
College/University Based – Medical Laboratory Science Programs – the following southeast Michigan schools offer 2 or 4 year degree programs in Medical Laboratory Science.
Hospital Based - Cytotechnology Training Programs
Hospital Based Histotechnology Training Programs:
- HT: Histotechnician (2 year degree):
- HTL: Histotechnologist (4 year degree)
Phlebotomy Training Programs
MACOMB COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Workforce and Continuing Education
14500 E. Twelve Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48088
Madison Office Center
32500 Concord Dr.
East Wing, Suite 201
Madison Heights, MI 48071
1500 University Drive
Auburn Hills, MI
8425 W. McNichols
Detroit, MI 48221