Senior Wellness Center
The Senior Wellness Center provides a variety of programs at little or no cost to enhance the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual health and well-being of seniors. The goal is to support seniors in the community to live longer and healthier lives. The St. John Riverview Senior Wellness Center is a grant funded collaborative project with St. John Providence Community Health, Oakland University School of Nursing, and Detroit Area Agency on Aging. The Center focuses on seniors 55 years and over in the community.
- A Matter of Balance – designed to reduce the fear of falling. Uses exercises to improve strength, coordination and balance along with problem solving and group discussion.
- EnhanceFitness – Combines all types of exercise needed to maintain health and function; strength training, flexibility and balance, aerobic and cardio.
- PATH Program – a chronic disease self-management class for those with long term conditions, their caregivers, family or support people.
- Diabetes Education programs
- Healthy Lifestyles – includes nutrition, stress management, coping skills
- Grief and caregiving programs
- New programs are continually being developed, call for latest class schedule.
How to get Involved:
- If you are age 55 and over, become a member of the St. John Senior Wellness Center. It’s free. Just come by and fill out a form to receive a membership packet.
- If you are a health care provider, community organization or faith community, refer your seniors to the Wellness Center.
- If you want to partner with us or make a donation, give us a call.
St. John Riverview Senior Wellness Center benefits:
- You will automatically be enrolled in our St. John CareLink Program and have access to all of the CareLink benefits.
- You will be able to participate in a yearly health risk appraisal
- All classes and programs will be free (Cost of $3 per program for non-members).
- Special event and health education mailings
- Free membership in our St. John Wellness Center walking club
St. John Riverview Senior Wellness Center
Detroit Riverview Medical Pavilion II, Suite 170
7633 East Jefferson, Detroit, MI 48214