Reporting a Quality or Safety Concern
Patients and families at St. John Providence Health System hospitals have a variety of ways to express their satisfaction and concerns regarding their patient care experience. The individual may:
- Mention any concerns or complaint to a nurse or nurse manager immediately so that the matter can be resolved to your satisfaction.
- Dial “0” for the hospital operator from any hospital phone, who will connect you with a staff member who can help.
- Contact the Patient Relations department through the appropriate hospital operator. Click here for the St. John Providence Health System directory.
- If an individual has any concerns about patient care and safety in the hospital that the hospital has not addressed, patients are encouraged to contact hospital management.
- The individual also has the right to contact one or more of the following agencies:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services by calling 1-800-MED-ICARE. For the hearing impaired please dial 1-877-486-2048.
- The State of Michigan, Department of Community Health, Bureau of Health Systems by calling 1-800-882-6006.
- The Joint Commission by calling 1-800-994-6610, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by visiting http://www.jointcommission.org/
- If you are a Medicare Beneficiary and have a quality of care concern, you may call Michigan Peer Review Organization (MPRO) at 1-800-365-5899. If you are currently in the hospital and hearing impaired dial 1-800-365-5899, then dial 0 and ask for the TTY. If you are hearing impaired and at home use TTY dial 711 800-365-5899.