Instructions for Online Employment Applications
Welcome to the Online Employment Application System available for internal associate transfers and external employment candidates.
To display the list of current positions, select the Career Opportunities/Apply Online page . The most efficient way to search for an open position is to use the basic search options. To conduct a more detailed search, click on Show Advanced Search option to customize your search. If you are applying for a specific job, please enter the requisition number in the Keyword or Job Requisition Number Search. You may search for open positions in several ways:
Job, location, or hospital of choice – Use the drop down menus to make your selection. Click on the arrows at the end of the box to display choices. Once you have highlighted your selection click the search button.
Job number or key word – If you know the job identification number, enter it into the box or enter key words for the position you are looking for and click search.
Alpha, posting date, or schedule order – Click on the column headers (posting date, job title, or schedule) to rearrange the order of the listed positions accordingly.
Click on the desired job title to display the description. If this is the position you are interested in, click to Apply Online button and review the information provided on the login screen for a better understanding of the online application process.
New User/Returning User
If this is your first time applying online, click continue under the New User box. If you are a returning user, enter your user name and password under Returning User.
New users will need to create a user name and password. User names must be at least 4 characters. You will be asked to enter your user name twice for verification of accuracy.
Create a password with a least 6 characters. Please note the password for future reference. You will enter your password twice for verification of accuracy.
Click on continue after you have entered your user name and password.
Proceed with entering your personal information in the appropriate areas.
If at any time during the process you need to leave the online application, click continue, at the bottom of the page to save the information that you have entered. Proceed to the next page and click exit (located the top of the page on the right-hand side of the screen).
Work Experience/Education Information
If you are working from a personal computer and have a cover letter/resume in a word-processing document, there will be an opportunity to cut and paste your information onto the online application later in the process. All others (those completing the online application at one of the St. John Health facility kiosks) follow the instruction listed below:
- Enter current and past work history. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen. Please create an entry for each position held and click done after each entry. The title of your employer will be displayed in the white text box. You cannot make any changes in this box.
- Follow the same procedure as above to enter your educational information.
- Enter additional information or supplementary comments and click continue when completed.
If you are working from a personal computer and have access to your cover letter/resume document, open your document.
- With your document open, go to top of the toolbar and click on EDIT-SELECT ALL-COPY.
- Return to the online application and place your cursor inside the appropriate box. Go to the top toolbar and click EDIT-PASTE. The information should now be displayed in the box. Please repeat these steps if you do not see your information displayed. Make sure to check the formatting of your cover letter/resume.
- Once your cover letter/resume have been cut and pasted into the appropriate section, please select how you heard about the position. Use the drop down menus to select the best option. You must complete this section to continue with the process.
- When you finish, click continue
Please complete the list of questions pertaining to the position you are applying for. When you have answered all questions click continue.
You have completed the online application process. If there are other positions of interest, please repeat the steps above. Thank you for applying for positions at St. John Health.