At Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Macomb Center, our visitors are just as important to us as our patients. Read below to learn about our guidelines for visitors, or follow the links to the right for more information.
We understand visits from family and friends are a vital part of a patient's health care. We do request that visitors observe the following guidelines:
- Visitors must pick up a Visitor Pass at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby.
- Only two visitors are allowed to visit at one time.
- Other than the Family Birthplace, children under 14 years old are not permitted to visit nursing units except in special cases. Please ask the nursing staff or Information Desk about special visiting arrangements.
- Persons with colds or infections should not visit patient care areas.
- St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Macomb Center, is a smoke-free environment. Beginning July 1, 2007, a tobacco-free environment will be adopted. Until June 30th smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area (enclosed area located near the outpatient parking lot on the southeast side of the hospital).
- The Visitor Pass should be returned to the Information Desk after each visit.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient's room during tests, treatments or when care is being provided. Family involvement in patient care is encouraged in situations that are appropriate and acceptable to the patient.
- Visitors should be considerate of other patients by speaking softly while visiting.
- All patients have the right to privacy and to receive confidential medical care. Discussion of a patient's condition with the health care staff may occur only with a patient's permission.
- Gifts, such as magazines or other reading materials, crossword puzzles and small crafts, are fine. Keep in mind that patient rooms cannot accommodate large items. Check with the patient’s nurse regarding gifts of food or beverages because of possible diet restrictions.
- Fresh flowers are not allowed in the Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Units. Small plants and gifts of food are permitted.
Cell Phone Use
The use of cellular telephones and two-way radios is permitted at St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Macomb Center, in the first floor waiting rooms (including lobby) only. No cell phone use is permitted above the first floor or near any patient care area.
Wireless Internet Access