• Clinical Services
  • For Patients
  • For Visitors
  • Medical Professionals
  • Hospitals & Locations
  • Our Story
  • Find a Career
  • Find a Physician
  • My Account
  • Make a Payment
Skip Navigation

Career Profiles: Audiologist



What do they do?

Audiologists and Speech Pathologists specialize in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of speech, language and hearing problems.  Speech pathologists specialize in helping people with problems of speech, language and voice disorders.  Audiologists concentrate on individuals with hearing problems.  Because speech and hearing are so interrelated, these two specialists work closely with each other.


Where do they work?

Hospitals, homecare, nursing homes, schools, colleges or universities, research.


Educational Requirements

The American Speech-Language and Hearing Association certification requires master's level training and 1 year experience in addition to successful completion of a national exam.


More Information

  • American Academy of Audiology
    8300 Greensboro Drive, Suite 750,
    McLean, VA 22102
    800-AAA-2336 or 703-790-8466

Want to learn more about working in healthcare? How about starting as a volunteer? Volunteering can be a challenging and rewarding experience. Learn more about our Volunteer Services Program - click here!


Find a Physician